It’s very casual to get an unexpected cheek kiss from your friends when you are sitting together. The same can happen when you are greeting your family members.
Normally, a kiss on the cheek by someone your age may mean that they are looking for something more, a romantic relationship or s stronger bond of friendship with you. On the other hand, it may also mean a simple appreciation, love, and affection.
Table of Contents
4 Things An Unexpected Kiss On The Cheek Means
To get to know more about what an unexpected cheek kiss means, you may have to look out for the pointers. Let’s consider a few scenarios.
1. Appreciating The Company
If you are meeting someone for the first time alone and he/she unexpectedly kisses your cheek while saying goodbye without you offering your cheek, it may be a sign that you are very much likable.
It means that the interaction with you was pleasurable and you were attractive enough for the other person to enjoy being with you.
2. Unexpected Kiss On The Cheek To Show Interest
Kissing someone unexpectedly on the cheek during a conversation means that you’d want them to know that you have feelings of affection for them. If you have been kissed like that by someone, it conveys a message that they are interested in you without doing anything else or mentioning it verbally.
If you are going through tough times, such a kiss would also mean an assurance of support without meaning something romantic.
3. Showing Affection
Being kissed on your cheek by elder family members or kids or your spouse unexpectedly would mean that they are very affectionate about you. Such a kiss would definitely not imply anything sexual or romantic.
4. Unexpected Kiss On The Cheek As A Greeting
An unexpected cheek kiss could also be given as a greeting by someone you know. Your spouse or parents could kiss your cheek in the morning as a “Good Morning” gesture or “Good Night” at night.
Kiss On The Cheek Quotes
Getting a kiss is always exciting. From your very first kiss as a baby to the very last one you got as a grown-up. The emotions a kiss can convey compelled the great minds of different generations to mention them as important physical actions to portray intense emotions.
1. In love, there is always the one who kisses and the one who offers the cheek. – French Proverb
2. Upon thy cheek, I lay this zealous kiss, as seal to the indenture of my love. – W. Shakespeare
3. And the sun comes out, like a kiss on the cheek from God. – Author: M.R. Carey
4. I don’t care if we only have a few days together, I want to see you smile and kiss that dimple in your cheek. – Author: Lisa Kessler
5. You’ve forgotten how sunlight feels warm and rough against your skin like a kiss on the cheek from your dad. – Author: John Green
6. I kissed her cheek as she turned it to me. I think I would have gone through a great deal to kiss her cheek. – Author: Charles Dickens
7. She smiles through her tears, leaning in to kiss my cheek “No mistakes, my angel.” – Author: Michelle Zink
8. He does not pray with lips of clay For his agony to pass; Nor feel upon his shuddering cheek The kiss of Caiaphas. – Author: Oscar Wilde
9. You are the most boring teacher ever.” He grinned and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek, just as a knock sounded at the door. “It all depends on what you want me to teach you. – Author: Richelle Mead
10. When and where you are Gaius, I then and there am Gaia.” The words make him smile, and he presses a soft kiss to my cheek. “When and where you are Gaia, I then and there am Gaius. – Author: Stephanie Dray
11. Continue to plant a kiss of concern on the cheek of the sick and the aged and infirm and count that actions as natural and to be expected. – Author: Maya Angelou
12. I love seeing my husband hold our daughter. I look over and he’s just kissing her forehead or kissing her cheek. He loves her so much, and I love his love for her. – Author: Vanessa Lachey
13. He kisses my forehead, his lips brushing my cheek. “I wouldn’t trade our love for any other. – Author: Krista Ritchie
14. One turns the cheek: the other kisses it. One provides the cash: the other spends it. – Author: George Bernard Shaw
15. You’re a machine,” she murmured when he swept kisses across her jaw and over her cheek. “Only for you, sweetheart. – Author: Savannah Stuart
16. My handsome Knight of Night came over to me and kissed me softly on the cheek. – Author: Ellen Schreiber
17. Tell me what you need,” he said between raining soft kisses against my hair, temple, and cheek. “I’ll do anything for you. – Author: Penny Reid
18. My greatest rewards from women have been kisses on the cheek, a whispered thank-you for helping them manage their mothers-in-law, and even an invitation to tea. – Author: Phoebe Damrosch
19. As the rain falls down
His lips touch my cheek with sweet pleasure
Our love shall last forever. – Anonymous
20. No wonder why I feel awkward at this fashion week shit. No wonder why I keep fucking up the double cheek kiss. – Drake
To conclude it all, know that kissing the cheek is a common gesture. But whenever you are unexpectedly kissed on your cheek, make sure to factor in the situation you are in when you are trying to understand what it means.
Just remember that an unexpected cheek kiss is a powerful and effective way of showing emotions. But just never overthink any scenario as a cheek kiss can convey a lot of different emotions. It’s cannot always be romantic.
Enjoy the cheek kiss whenever you get it and cherish the moments of appreciation.