Kissing is no doubt a lovely gesture for both of the partners. It is, however, a very awkward situation where the nose runs when you are about to kiss. It happens with some people; whenever they try to kiss their partner, their nose starts running, which creates an embarrassing situation. Let us now look at the complete guide on Kissing with a running nose.
Table of Contents
- 1 13 Things To Avoid If You Have A Running Nose
- 2 Kissing When Nose Runs – Positive And Negative Aspects
- 3 Positive Aspects of Kissing with Flu
- 4 Negative Aspects of Kissing with Flu
- 5 What is Honeymoon Rhinitis?
- 6 6 Symptoms Of Honeymoon Rhinitis
- 7 How To Stop/Get Rid of Honeymoon Rhinitis
- 8 3 Medical Procedures For Prevention, Treatment, And Cure
- 9 CONCLUSION
13 Things To Avoid If You Have A Running Nose
If your nose starts running when you go for the kiss, it is best to take precautions as your best friend. In this case, try to follow the following guidelines as best as you can.
- Taking many medicines
- Rushing to the Hospital Emergency
- Spending more time with your partner
- Lazy about washing your hands
- Staying up late watching your favorite movie
- Going for a shower with a fever
- Assuming it is too late for Antibiotic
- Planning dinner or for any specific party
- Easing up on fluids
- Asking your doctor for antibiotics
- Always going for a strict work routine
- Coughing into your hands
- Hanging out with a smoker
Following these guidelines will help you maintain a robust immune system. It will lower your chances of getting a runny nose while kissing again in the future.
Kissing When Nose Runs – Positive And Negative Aspects
It is not the end of the world if you get cold, but it sure does feel like that sometimes. Especially when it just hits you, and your body aches, your nose cannot stop running, and the sneezes never end. In that state, a hot cup of tea, a bowl of homemade chicken soup, and a kiss from a loved one will do the magic trick.
You think kissing your loved one is a good idea just because you can transfer germs into your partner, followed by a week of coughing and sneezing. You are actually at a higher risk of catching a cold by holding someone’s hand than by kissing him or her.
Related Article: Your Complete Guide To Hand Kiss
However, if you decide to be romantic while you are sick and exchange body fluids, there is a greater possibility of passing the virus along, you may want to avoid super-close snuggling as well.
Positive Aspects of Kissing with Flu
Germs exist throughout our bodies, not to mention all over the environment around us, and germs are not all harmful. There are countless germs inside our bodies and we do have a symbiotic relationship with most of them. Bacteria help metabolize certain substances in the mouth.
Kissing happens to offer some health benefits. The saliva inside the mouth is a sign of good health for teeth and gums, and our immune system is strengthened by someone else germs inside our mouth.
Kissing is a very effective way of burning calories. So, the more intense is the make-out, the better the partners will enjoy.
Negative Aspects of Kissing with Flu
There is a possibility of transferring germs through kissing. A Sick person can make you sick with a kiss. Bacteria can enter your body in different ways.
There is a possibility by inhaling infected droplets in the air after a sick person coughs or sneezes. This ill person can touch a contaminated surface, touching your or his eyes or nose and, yes, kissing. There are several other ways that kissing can make you visit your doctor.
What is Honeymoon Rhinitis?
Honeymoon Rhinitis is an awkward condition that creates nasal congestion during sexual intercourse. This condition is due to the many blood vessels in the nose’s soft tissues swelling up during sexual intercourse or arousal.
6 Symptoms Of Honeymoon Rhinitis
Having honeymoon rhinitis can cause you a lot of stress & anxiety about the most beautiful time of your life. Following are the primary symptoms of having a runny nose or flu on your honeymoon. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms below, consider taking proper medical care.
- Blocked nose
- Runny nose
- Mild irritation or discomfort in the nose-area
- Reduced sense of smell
Honeymoon Rhinitis is not deadly, but you must be careful to avoid this condition as it is concerned with breathing. In case you find yourself infected, you must take precautionary measures like using saltwater to unblock the nose passage.
Also, take the prescribed medicines and be sure that there are no symptoms of COVID-19. After following all the precautionary measures, you are good to go and do take some rest.
How To Stop/Get Rid of Honeymoon Rhinitis
There is no specific cure for rhinitis, but there is a way to reduce the nasal sprays and medications’ effects. Your doctor might recommend you “Immunotherapy.”
Allergy shots (Injections) are a form of treatment called Immunotherapy. These Allergy shots are the regular injections given to the patient over a period of time, ranging from three to five years to stop or reduce allergy attacks.
These are the regular injections given to the patient over time, ranging from three to five years to stop or reduce allergy attacks. They contain a small amount of a specific substance(s) that triggers allergic reactions. These are known as Allergens.
3 Medical Procedures For Prevention, Treatment, And Cure
Non-allergic rhinitis treatment varies according to the cause. Below are some general guidelines for therapy recommended for the treatment and prevention of rhinitis.
- Avoid all the Common non-allergic triggers during make-out that are responsible for nasal congestion. Consulting a doctor will be a better option if preventive measures fail; it can help in prophylaxis and symptomatic treatment.
- You can pre-treat yourself using nasal sprays. For Example, you can use nasal sprays or steroids before going to bed and follow the doctor’s prescription and recommendations.
- There are many drugs available for the treatment of Non-Allergic Rhinitis, and they might have few harmful effects. Consulting your doctor is highly recommended about your condition and before starting any medication. Some of these may include:
At first, the therapy should be given based on any presentation. Within 2-4 weeks, if the patient does not respond or shows very little response, the doctor should start considering the medications. The doctor may start any other medical procedure. At this point, the patient must consider contacting an “Allergist” or “Otolaryngologist.“
To give you a better understanding of this condition, “Kissing When Nose Runs,” I have discussed several positive and negative aspects above. It is undoubtedly an embarrassing moment, but you can avoid it by trying different tips given by your physician. You can even talk to your partner about the problem and come up with a solution. A runny nose is not a very big problem unless you make it one by not following the useful health tips. So, always consult your physician and do not let that runny nose interrupt that special occasion.